🌏 Region(s): Ryukyu (Okinawa)
てぃーあれー【手洗・手洗れー・手洗ー】 : tii'aree · tiiqaree · tii aree | define meaning
tii'aree · tiiqaree · tii aree
- A basin used to clean one's hands. A washbasin; a sink; a basin.
- Water used to clean oneself.
- A place where one can wash their hands. A washroom; a lavatory; a bathroom.
- The act of washing one's hands. Washing; handwashing; hand washing; hand hygiene.
- Washing by hand (e.g. clothes). Hand wash; hand-washing.
Derived from てぃー【手】 tii "hand" and the nominal form of the verb あらいん【洗いん】 arain "to wash". Cognate to standard Japanese てあらい【手洗い】 tearai "washroom; washbasin; washing; etc.".